HomeFirm OverviewAttorney ProfilesCase ResultsContact Us
Los Angeles County Attorney

B1/ B2: Visitor Visas - Business and Pleasure


Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (visa category B-1), tourism, pleasure or visiting (visa category B-2), or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).

Here are some examples of activities permitted with a visitor visa:

Business (B-1):

  • consult with business associates
  • attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference
  • settle an estate
  • negotiate a contract

Tourism and Visit (B-2):

  • tourism
  • vacation (holiday)
  • visit with friends or relatives
  • medical treatment
  • participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
  • participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
  • enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation).

Visa Waiver Program

  • Travelers coming to the U.S. for tourism or business for 90 days or less from qualified countries may be eligible to visit the U.S. without a visa if they meet the visa waiver program requirements. Select Visa Waiver Program to learn more, and find out if you meet the visa waiver requirements.

Services Warner Law Center provides related to B1/B2 Visas

WLC will represent and assist you throughout the entire visa process by:

  • Preparation and filing of required forms for consular processing;
  • Provide assistance for making the non-refundable visa application fee, if the chosen consulate requires to pay it before your interview.
  • Making the appointment for you at the U.S. Consulates. For Iranian applicants, residing in Iran, we arrange for visa appointments in Yerevan; Ankara, and Dubai;
  • Answering any questions you may have about the visa process.
  • Helping you to prepare documentary evidence needed;
  • Discussing with you on the issues that may be important to your case;
  • Preparing with you for your interview;

Consulting Service

Warner Law Center visa services will give a professional guide on your temporary non-immigrant visa application(s) by:

  • Evaluating your situation and the possibility of obtaining visa;
  • Helping you to prepare documents needed;
  • Discussing with you on any issues that may be important in your case and;
  • Preparing with you for the visa application by e-mailing you a detailed list of questions the consular officer may ask at the interview.

21550 Oxnard Street
Suite 830
Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Tel: (818) 883-5510